Updated: Apr 23
Midweek can be a drag but your dinner doesn't have to be. We've got a recipe that uses only 5 ingredients to help you get an easy, delicious and hearty meal on the table with ingredients you probably have on hand!
The Necessary Ingredients
8 oz spaghetti
4 slices of bacon
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 large eggs
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
The Nice to Have Ingredients
Salt and black pepper
Fresh chopped Italian parsley
How to Put It All Together
1) In a large pot of boiling and salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
2) While spaghetti is cooking, whisk together eggs and parmesan in a small bowl and set aside.
3) Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6 - 8 minutes.
5) Remove bacon, keeping excess fat in the skillet. Add chopped garlic to the bacon fat and sauté until fragrant.
6) Quickly stir in cooked pasta and the egg and parmesan mixture. Gently toss to combine; Optional: season with salt and pepper to taste. Add half of the reserved pasta water and continue to cook. If pasta mixture is too dry, add remaining pasta water.
7) Crumble the cooked bacon into bite sized pieces and toss into pasta mixture. Optional: toss in chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Total Estimate Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Hey there! Want more simple recipes using ingredients you already have on hand? Subscribe to get notified when our new app launches.